Monday, July 17, 2006

Sun and Relaxation




Lance came home for good on Wednesday, July 12th. The next day we went to the North Shore on Lake Superior for a few days of relaxation and escape from the mounting pressures of moving across the country. We stayed at a resort right on the lake and had a spectacular time kayaking in Lake Superior, moutain biking, visiting tourist attractions and national landmarks. The room we were staying in didn't have air conditioning and Lance even called the front desk to find out if the air was broken. Turns out there isn't any airconditioned units in the resort. We had a good chuckle about that! I was in heaven...We got to fall asleep to the waves crashing upon the rocky shores. I didn't want to leave.

We also spent some time in Duluth, MN but the temp was at 105 degrees away from the lake. I almost wanted to swim in the 40 degree water of the great lake...but after wading in it for 30 minutes or so, I changed my mind.

No comments: