Monday, October 22, 2007

Fire Update

Just wanted to post a quick message to let everyone know we are okay. Luckily the fire that was miles away from our house is now under control and we were never in immediate danger. Everything does smell like one big campfire, though, and we were told to stay inside as much as possible until further notice as the air quality is horrible.

I have to laugh that I posted the message about the Santa Ana winds yesterday. By the time dinner rolled around, we had a major fire of our own nearby, fueled by these winds. Luckily, we have very little loss with our fire as compared to the area surrounding Malibu. I still like the Santa Ana winds. Just not the problems that come along with them.

2 comments:

Loren said...

We read about the fires this morning, thanks for the update. Glad you are doing all right, hope you have some good air filters in your house. I remember answering correctly on a test what Chinooks were, but misunderstanding which side of the Rockies they came down on or what they really were. I am glad for real life experience and for you sharing yours, and for the chance to re-learn things not necessarily for a test, that is the way I learn best. I wonder if I have seen them traveling through the sky, I have noticed a band of clouds like the ones on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chinook19.11.05.JPG
Thank you for your love of learning :)

Lindsay said...

Glad you guys are safe!