Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Expecting the Unexpected

Here are some signs that we should be expecting the unexpected:

  • Finding unusual things touching enough to bring tears. Example: After watching the season premiere of CSI and crying for at least 30 minutes afterwards, Lance asks "Isn't this show about police investigating dead people?" My reply (between sobs) "Yes. But it is so touching!" Lance replies, sacractically, "Oh. Right. Very touching."
  • The constant feeling I can only label as "yuck" along with a hate/hate relationship with most foods (especially meats) Did I also mention throwing up?
  • An absolute loathing of the smell of my refridgerator and bad breath.
  • The need to go to bed at 8:30 p.m. and sleep in as late as I can, despite being a night owl.
  • A whole closet full of pants and skirts that no longer fit.
  • Cravings for food I swore off when I graduated from college - such as Spaghettios and Ramen noodles.
  • Many trips to the doctor accompanied by a handful of ultrasounds that show a little baby moving around with 10 fingers and 10 toes and a strong heart.
  • A "D" day of May 6, 2008.

We have come to expect the unexpected in life and this surprise is very welcomed, highly anticipated and fills our hearts full of gratitude. Five years of waiting and we can now await our little miracle!

13 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! I look forward to finding out if you're having a little man or a little lady!

Lindsay said...

Yay! The Announcement! I'm so excited for you guys! You are in for a wild, wonderful ride. :)

Holly said...

Congrats Kristi-- how thrilling!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, but mostly it is delight that you are going through this experience. I can tell that you are in love with your baby already as you described the fingers and toes. We are too. Thank you for sharing.

The Titmi said...

Congratulations Kristi!! I hope you are having fun despite the not so fun feelings!

naturegirl said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!! We are just thrilled to hear the news! Thanks for sharing!

Sessie said...

Hooray! Congrats!

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Woohoo!

Audra Bollard said...

Congratulations! You & Lance will be wonderful parents.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

The ApplegarthFamily said...

I can't tell you how excited I am!! I'm sure not as excited as you guys, but really, that is SOOO awesome:) We'll keep you guys in our prayers! Congrats!!!

The Bumgardners said...

Awesome news! I hope you enjoy every second of this experience. It only gets better!!