Monday, January 07, 2008

Productive to Outright Lazy

We have a plethora of pictures to post, along with a video from Christmas, Thanksgiving pics, pictures of our little girl in utero, and our after Christmas trip to California Adventure. Yet, the last post we made was before Christmas.

I wish I could say it is because we are too busy. But the reality is - we have NOT been busy for 2 1/2 weeks. As soon as my first term of graduate school was done (December 10th), I was the most productive person ever. I shopped for Christmas, wrapped presents, sent out Christmas cards, mailed packages to distant relatives, did loads upon loads of laundry, made a few visits to the temple and even baked a few Christmas goodies.

We also set up the crib in the nursery, started thinking about what we need to buy for the little Miss, read three books, and started to organize our garage. I also made plans on how to better organize my scrapbooking materials AND which sewing projects I want to finish before Baby arrives.

90% of this happened BEFORE Christmas. Once Christmas hit, I officially burned out. Since December 25th, I have been watching movie after movie, making easy meals, casually walking the dog, taking many naps, playing games with Lance and letting the laundry pile up again.

I wish I knew why. I am guessing that school starts again today and I wanted to get as much "down" time in as possible. After this semester is over, I will only have two weeks before my due date and then life will change as we know it. Don't get me wrong - We are so excited for our daughter to come. BUT, we have had almost 6 years of just the two of us and reality is sinking in that we probably didn't take advantage of the time we had. I blame law school and first year associate work at a big firm for that. :-)

So, hang in there. H0pefully I will get the pictures out of my camera and posted before too long.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It's true: before you know your life will no longer be just yours. It's one thing to say take advantage of the time you have before the baby comes, but it's another thing entirely to be pregnant and worn out. I guess, in a sense, your life really isn't yours anymore. :) Don't worry, though...things will change, yes, but it's not a bad thing. And there will still be Kristi time, as well as Kristi-&-Lance time even after Baby Girl comes.

Can't wait to see the pictures!