Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Would've Died for This

After watching the following video, I have been reflecting on the journey we had to embark on to have our little girl.  I will never forget the moment our bundled girl was placed in my arms after two days of labor, 40 wonderful weeks of pregnancy, six long years of waiting, three expensive infertility treatments, and two losses.  This was the moment I would have died for and had desired with my whole heart for my life.  Infertility nearly broke my heart and my spirit as I longed to hold a baby of my own in my arms.  Now I can't believe the little angel is really here and our prayers were answered.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the blessed gift of our sweet girl, Elisabeth Dorothy.   May we never take this blessing for granted.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

A miracle and a blessing indeed. And a beautiful one at that. Enjoy every moment!

Tami said...

Each baby is such a miracle. I'm so happy for you and Lance--what a beautiful family!

Jarom "R" Burbank said...

Congratulations! After having read your post and knowing your sincerity I have no doubt that you will never take your sweet little baby for granted. We hope to see you and the family before too long!

The Leithead Family said...

I love those sleeping with baby pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

After reading your post and listening to the song, it brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart. I am so happy for you and Lance!

Tasha said...

Infertility really does help you appreciate the miracle of life! It is the hardest thing to go through but it has the best reward! Congrats!