Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A little discretion, please

Today I stopped at a semi-fast food restaurant to pick up dinner as I had a church meeting to attend and wasn't able to make dinner. While I was waiting for them to make my kabobs, a very nice and slender woman kept smiling at me and looking at me with tenderness. I couldn't figure out what her problem was until this dredded question spilled out of her mouth:

"How far along are you?"

What?!?! How far along am I? Nevermind the fact that I am actually below my pre-pregnancy weight and can fit into the majority of my clothes again. Apparently, I must have always looked pregnant.

My reply was a terse "I am not pregnant."

Her face turned a wonderful shade of red and she looked as though she was going to throw up. Good. You should be embarrassed lady. Next time keep your small talk to yourself or use a little discretion. How depressing! Now I think I am going to open up one of our forbidden boxes of Girl Scout cookies and have a few - maybe the whole box.

Heck - If I look pregnant, I might as well stop depriving myself of the simple tasty things in life.

6 comments:

jenerekfamily said...

LOL - REALLY! That question *might* be appropriate when you can tell that someone is in their 9th month of pregnancy. Sheesh!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Puh-lease! You look awesome and not even remotely pregnant. Put down the Girl Scout Cookies and walk away slowly!

Lance and Kristi said...

Too late! I had about 15 thin mints last night. Though I have renewed my resolve to be good again today. I wish I would have gotten your message last night!

Tami said...

I'm so sorry! I'm sure that lady learned her lesson. You do NOT look pregnant. Now I'm craving girl scout cookies--I didn't buy any this year since I knew I'd go out of control with them.

Scott B. said...

Ha!

(I won't get into the fact that you don't look pregnant in the slightest because I don't think that's the real story here.)

This is a major victory for stupid males everywhere. Never before, in the history of time, has this mistake been made by ANOTHER WOMAN. It's always a man who says something idiotic like that to a woman.

I am sorry that this victory came so undeservedly at your expense, however.

Emily said...

Ouch! I liked your reply. You don't look prego to me! That's too bad...I actually almost ate a whole box of GS cookies the other day...there are still some left! Thanks for reminding me while the kids are off playing! Let me go find them:)