Thursday, September 17, 2009

Livin' on a Prayer

Lance likes to make me CDs with "cool" music on them. There is one he made a few months ago in my car that I listen to almost every day. These eclectic CDs include an varied mix - for example The Beach Boys, Jason Mraz, The Mormon Tabernacle choir, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Harry Conick Jr. are all on this particular CD. I often skip over songs of which I am not fond or not really in the mood to hear- such as Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer.

Today I skipped to the next track when I heard the first strains of Livin' on a Prayer. Elisabeth started to freak out - waving her hands and saying "no, no, no."

Me: What? Do you want to listen to the song?
Elisabeth: (nods her head "yes.")

I turned back to the Bon Jovi song and my baby girl proceeded to ROCK OUT to this song. She even sang along to the "Whoa...Whoa. . Livin' on prayer" part as she rocked back and forth in her car seat and then nodded her head in time to the song. I wish I wasn't driving and had my camera.

I decided I need to make my own CD so I can persuade her to give up this odd obsession with 80s music. One 80s music lover in the family is all I can take.

6 comments:

Loren said...

:)
thanks for the smiles and keeping us connected-kps

TaiDyed said...

Oh no, 80s music is the BEST! I think Elisabeth and I are kindred spirits...as I've seen Bon Jovi almost as many times as I've see the Foos!!

HunsakerMama said...

I'm with you, Kristi! One 80's lover per household is plenty! :) LOL!

Lsmemoe said...

Livin' on a Prayer is Jamin's favorite song. He always wants to sing it on Guitar Hero. Maybe Jamin and Elisabeth can sing it together at the next family reunion. =)

Kathy said...

LOL, that's great!

Tasha said...

You can always send her in the car with Aaron, he is LOVIN the 80's ERA of music!