Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Prince

Yesterday Lance and I celebrated our five year anniversary. We had a very laid back day and a sweet, romantic dinner at The Waters Restaurant. We reminisced about the last five years, realizing we have moved six times, lived in three different states, graduated with both bachelors and a Juris Doctorate degree, helped take care of a sick parent, lost a parent and two babies, adopted a puppy (who is now our baby), traveled around the country and to Finland and shared many more laughs, good times, tears, worries, frustrations, heartbreaks, prayers, and lots of love.

In honor of our anniversary, I wanted to list a few little-known facts about Lance that make him the wonderful, unique husband that he is.

  1. He brings me a glass of water to my nightstand every night in case I get thirsty.


  2. He tells the same quirky jokes over and over again. Sometimes annoying, but mostly, endearing.


  3. He loves to eat anything that is not good for him...ice cream, alfredo sauce, brownies, cookies. Whenever I send him to the grocery store, he always comes home with a food that is not on my "eating healthy" list. But once he grins and gives me his puppy dog eyes, I can't help but smile at this sweet antic.


  4. He gets up early every morning to walk our dog because I like to sleep in.

  5. He loves children movies and movies made in the 80s/early 90s. He would rather watch Curious George than Ocean's 13.
  6. He will do the dishes every night I cook. He claims that is his job.

  7. When he cooks, he follows a recipe to the "T" down to the amount of time he needs to boil the pasta. This exactness is carried to every aspect in his life.

I am so grateful that we found each other. It has been a great ride so far and we are looking forward to the years ahead. Here is a recent picture of my bubba and our little girl. (And Sammie the Cockapoo...Sofi's buddy.)



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a sweet guy! I'm a big fan of the fact that he considers it his job to do the dishes when you cook dinner. That's fantastic. :) Happy Anniversary, you two!

WV Earls said...

Happy 5th from the Earls! Hope you have 50 more good ones.

Loren said...

Lance and Kristi,

Happy 5th Anniversary! We'll see you next week! I'm kind of sad that Sofi's not coming, but we hope to see her soon.

--Loren