Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We...Are....In

One of my all-time favorite movies is "The Cutting Edge" starring Moira Kelly. It is a story about an ex-hockey player who grudgingly learns how to figure skate in order to become a far-from-pleasant female figure skater's partner. For each character, this is their last chance to make it to the Olympics. As you can imagine, they hate each other at first but in the end...well, it wouldn't be one of my favs if there wasn't a bit of romance and a happy ending, right?

Anyway, there is a line from the movie where their Russian trainer says "We....Are.....In," as they watch a pair of skaters fall during the Nationals. Basically, he meant they were going to the Olympics.

So, I use that saying now. We...are....in.....Pepperdine accepted me to their M.A. in Educational Technology program. Bienvenue Malibu!

I am still waiting to hear from Cal State Fullerton. I was told the decisions will be sent out the first week in June. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get to make a choice between these schools.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Kristi,

Congrats!

heymaughan said...

OK this is exciting but not sounding good for us locals. Does it mean a move in the near future???

Lance and Kristi said...

Yeah! A new friend commenting! So far our biggest comment leaver has been Lance's brother. (Thanks Loren) To answer your question, nope. We are here for the long haul. The program is an online graduate program and I only have to travel to Malibu three times throughout the program for short spurts. Cal State program is very similar.

So, the Irvine 4th Ward is stuck with us. :-)

The MN Earl girls plus 2 cats said...

Congrats my sweet Aunt. We are very excited for you. Best of luck to you.

Love your nieces,
Tera & Adrianna

P.S. We have a blog now too.