Thursday, August 16, 2007

Some Fun Goals...

Well, this posting isn't really going to tell you what we have been up to as of late...mostly because there isn't much to report. However, I have been pondering the meaning of our life lately and decided that Lance and I have not fully taken advantage of our time without children. For those of you who don't know, we have not been able to have children yet. I won't pretend it is a secret. It has been a rough road.

Well, I have been thinking about dreams I had that I put on the burner for whatever reason. And, well, I am ready to make a "To Do" list of things I want to do before we have kids. Not only am I ready to make the list, I am ready to complete the list. Okay, I will admit some of the goals are lofty and would require great courage on my part. Others would just require a little convincing Lance to take time off work so we can travel.
  • Travel to Europe. I especially want to go to London. I love Brits. They have the best accents, produce the best actors/actresses and phenomenal writers. I wouldn't mind visiting Scotland or Norway either.
  • Start up a book club. Why? Because I love to read and read and read. And I love to take on iniatives, for some odd reason.

  • Write a book. Yes, I have always wanted to be a writer. Young Adult fiction would be my genre. Now, to conjure up an idea. I wrote a book when I was 12. Maybe I could do something with what I already wrote.

  • Try out for a community play. Probably a shock to many, but I have always secretly liked acting. When I didn't get a part in the One Act play in HS, I gave up this aspiration. So, I figured it was time to explore this avenue again. Can't hurt, can it? This is the scariest idea. Not sure if I will get enough guts up to do this one. BUT, I know quite a few people who have done something like this so it is worth a try.

  • Attend a movie premiere in Los Angeles. Not sure which one or how to get tickets, but wouldn't that be fun? I mean, come on...we live so close to Hollywood. Might as well take advantage of the few perks Hollywood can give.

  • Go back to school and get a Masters. (This is the easiest...already on my way!)

  • Spend the summer in Finland. Not sure if this would be financially feasible, but I would love to go back and often.
  • Take the train up to Northern California and camp in the Redwood forests. No explanation needed here.

I really hope to live a life without regrets. So, maybe, just maybe, you will see postings in the future, documenting my completion or attempts at this To Do list! Now if I could just gather up enough courage and find the time....

*Note: I asked Lance what he would like to accomplish and he just said "Do a good job at work." Hmm...guess I will have to be the creative one for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Kristi, I have to admit that I do read your blog regularly and it's about the only blog I ever visit more than once. Why? Because I find that your blog is actually interesting, inspiring, thought provoking, and I just enjoy visiting it. So if you decide to write a book I will definitely purchase one. That is a promise. I hope you do achieve that goal because now I'm looking forward to it :) Good luck with your goals!

Lance and Kristi said...

Thanks Sanni! I am glad I can be entertaining. I am also glad we can still be in "touch" through the web. I especially love writing posts.

Next year Wheeler and I were thinking of a girls weekend. Wanna join us? Jenny wants to do Chicago. That might be fun...especially if we can find cheap flights.

Holly said...

I have always loved that you are willing to dream and then work to make those dreams come true, Kristi!!! It makes me think I should make a to-do list! I can't wait to hear about London and read your book!!!! :)

Lindsay said...

Hey, me too! I want to write and publish a book someday -- or at least write and publish a magazine article. Good luck with your goals!