Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sparky and Ammi

Sparky - I dedicate this post to you! Hugs (since we both know how much you liked to be touched) - Ammi

***********************************************************

I treasure the type of relationships where the passage of time does not have an affect on the friendship in the least bit. You know - the kind of friend you probably haven't seen or talked to in years but when you do finally catch up, it was as though you just saw each other a week ago? You can just pick up where you left off, despite the major life changes and challenges each person has faced.

That is the way it is with my friend Jenny Wheeler. We first met when we were assigned to be companions in the Missionary Training Center in Provo. I thought for sure we would kill each other. Imagine the Odd Couple....That was us. Amazingly enough, we quickly learned to embrace each other's differences and became the best of friends. In fact, Jenny was my maid of honor at our wedding and we have silly nicknames for each other.

Last time we saw each other was in May of 2004. Last Tuesday, she shows up on our doorstep, with one of her younger sisters, for a week long visit. Instantly, we picked up exactly where we left off and spent a week joking, teasing each other (Lance and April were the brunt end of the fun making as well), reminiscing about our time together in Finland and BYU, and laughing about absolutely everything.

While Jenny and April were here, they visited Disneyland, went on a day excursion to Catalina Island, did some sightseeing in San Diego and ate enough food so they could "roll from location to location."

I was sad to drop Jenny off at the airport yesterday. She even let me hug her goodbye...a rare treat. Thanks for the laughs and good times!

Wheeler and Amundson on Catalina Island, 8/3/07
Hmmm...we still look the same as we did on our mission...

4 comments:

writermum said...

Kristi - you look amazing in this picture!! Love the blog, especially Sofi! What an adorable puppy she is...Hamish has told Matthew that we will get a dog in 5 years time, but between them, they have already chosen the name of 'Bark' for the poor creature! Miss you!

Lance and Kristi said...

Bark...Hmmm. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the comment. I don't feel very "amazing" and haven't worn make-up lately, but thanks! What a boost for my self esteem.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about Wheeler the other day wondering what she is up to and I go to Kristi's blog and there she is! What I'd give to have been there with you two goof balls! It would have been therapudic (sp?) I'm sure! Glad to hear you had fun. Next time invite me (wink wink)!

dan said...

Nice post. I found it while trying to google Jenny.

What's she up to now? I assume she graduated from BYU and is off doing something in the real world. I used to work with her on the 4 AM custodial shift at BYU. I'd be obliged if someone could give her my e-mail address, or send hers on to me.

Thanks.