Thursday, September 06, 2007

Because sometimes someone can say it better

My good friend Lisa and her husband just adopted a baby boy after a VERY, VERY long and difficult struggle with infertility. Their situation gives a whole new meaning to suffering (in my opinion.) She sent us an invitation to a "welcome baby" shower and the following poem was included on the invite.

We prayed and prayed for a baby to love.
We looked for answers from God above.
As time went by our hearts seemed to break.
Was our faith being tested, how long must we wait?

Please listen my child, your prayers I hear.
I have a plan, put aside your fear.
From the begining it was meant to be.
This precious baby is your gift from me.
So open your arms and dry your tears,
I give you this child the rest of your years.

Author of this poem is unknown but I must say thank you. Thank you for penning words the fill so many couples hearts who struggle with infertility. Thank you for reminding us that there is hope. Yes, sometimes someone can say it better.

No comments: