Friday, May 02, 2008

Nesting Projects

I have had a burst of energy earlier this week and wanted to list all of the things I accomplished. I must be getting close to having this baby because my desire to do any more "nesting" has decreased and I am now just wanting to watch movies and relax.

  • Cleaned out my fridge: Threw away any expired food/condiments, took out all of the drawers and shelves and washed them until they were sparkling clean.
  • Cooked and froze meals: I figured there would be a time after Lance returns to work and Carol goes home when I would still want dinner to be an easy affair. So, we have at least four meals frozen and ready to go in our freezer.
  • Scrubbed my kitchen cupboards.
  • Washed bedroom curtains.
  • Cleaned the windows: I only finished the kitchen and the master bedroom windows but I did do both the inside and outside panes.
  • Washed all the laundry in our house: I think I have done loads upon loads of laundry these past few days. This includes the whole garbage sack of baby clothes I purchased at garage sales and any clothing/bedding gifts we have received from friends. I love the smell of Dreft! Everything is packed away, sorted by age or folded in its rightful drawer. (Thank you Jennifer B. for your help with this again!)
  • Baked Brownies: Butterscotch, marshmellow, meltaway brownies. Yum.
  • Framed and hung up pictures in the nursery: I ordered some Beatrix Potter prints off of eBay and then ordered special mats to match our color scheme. Hanging them was a little more challenging as I did this without Lance's assistance. Luckily, my friend Jennifer B. came over to help again. Now our baby will have Hunca Munca and Peter Rabbit to stare at from her crib.
  • Cleaned out my car: This was a task in itself as I tend to "store" stuff in the back.
  • Washed baby bottles, pacifiers, etc.

Our hospital bags are packed, sitting near the front door. I am almost done writing my long-overdue thank you notes and we have found a good pediatrician. We practice our breathing exercises every night and doggie-care is all set for Miss Sofi. Ready when you are, baby girl. Please come sooner than later. We are finally ready!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! That is a huge list and I'm very impressed. We're excited for you and hope everything goes well with labor and delivery! Can't wait to meet you little one!

Lindsay said...

Sure sounds like you're ready! I wish that I had been as ready before Garrett came, but then I wasn't expecting him to show up a little over 2 weeks early like he did. I will tell you one thing though: that feeling of total UNpregnancy that they say you feel right before it's time? I can totally attest to that. The night before Garrett was born, Blake and I left work and, seeing as it was a Friday night, Blake asked me if I was feeling up to a movie or something. To my total surprise, I felt fantastic -- better than I had in 9 months. So we went to the opening night of Ratatouille. And I woke up the next morning with horrible contractions.... So it might not work the same for you, but I'd start paying attention to the times when you feel utterly fantastic. :) Any day now, Kristi!

Judi said...

Gee, where did you get that brownie recipe? :-)

Sounds like you are as ready as you can be. I hope she cooperates and comes soon!

Tami said...

Impressive, and so smart to put some meals in the freezer. And, more importantly--CONGRATS! The wait is over, and I'm thrilled for you!