Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Stork Visits. . . (Though not to our house yet!)

We were happy to welcome our newest nephew, Andrew James, to the family on Sunday, April 13th, 2008. We aren't quite sure where he got his dark hair but he sure is sweet. He weighed 8 lbs., 1 oz. and measured 21 inches long. Sorry for the delay in the annoucement. I was waiting for a picture to post so you could see what great genes run in my family.




Baby Andrew with his big brother Alex, sharing a nap
at the hospital.

My sister-in-law, Vicki, was a great champ for surviving what must be the longest labor I have ever heard of (4 days)! Now she is more than outnumbered in her house with my brother David and two sons to keep her company.

All I have to say...When are we going to have more girls in this family????? Between Lance's and my extended families, we have a total of SEVEN nephews. Only four nieces and three of those nieces are either teenagers or adults. Oh well, maybe we will have to be responsible for repopulating the earth with girls. :-)

Still waiting for the stork to make it's way to our house.

5 comments:

Scott B. said...

That was kind of a nasty title for a post, given your own anticipation of a stork visiting soon. I figured it was about your baby and was scanning the post so quickly I became confused by the caption regarding "older brother"...

Heidi A said...

I agree with scott! I am greatly anticipating the stork visit to your house! However, congrats on the nephew and amen to more girls. Regan is the only niece on Daniel's side (5 nephews). Bring on the girls!

Lindsay said...

Um, yeah...I'm with the above. I saw the title in my google reader before I saw any of the actual post and did quite the double-take. But he is a cute nephew, so I guess that makes up for it.

Lance and Kristi said...

Sorry guys. I changed the title as to not confuse or get anyone else's hopes up.

Scott B. said...

Shame on you. I think you knew darn well what confusion you were causing. Playing with peoples' emotions...