Sunday, October 25, 2009

Because I am feeling ambitious. . .

My newest smocking project:


Originally, I was planning on doing a red dress but after I saw this pattern, I couldn't resist.  I mean, Elisabeth is still a baby, right?   Babies look better in softer colors.  And she won't be our baby for long so I figure there are many years ahead for me to make red dresses.  The dress is actually a light pink and my final product will have less puffy sleeves and probably a little different lace.  Wish me luck! (Because you all know I don't have anything else to do to fill up my free time!)

3 comments:

Loren said...

so lovely, it almost makes me want to try to make one too-kps

HunsakerMama said...

Wowee! You go, girl! I've been sewing most of my life, and I have no desire to try something that complicated. Thus, my daughter will not look nearly as cute as Elisabeth! :) Good luck!

Tiffany Odekirk said...

Ok... You seriously have to teach a class so the rest of us can learn how to do it! It is so pretty!