Friday, January 01, 2010

Just Say No to Resolutions


I have decided to take a break from making resolutions this year.  I rarely seem to meet all of my resolutions, anyway, and often feel frustrated when I don't.  Instead, my goal in 2010 will be to just live life and gracefully handle everything God throws my way.

Here are a few things the Smemoes have in store for us this coming year:
  • Lance taking and *passing* the patent bar in January.  (fingers crossed)
  • Attending Lance's brother's wedding in Nebraska.
  • Kristi graduating on May 22, 2010 with her Masters of Science degree.
  • A romantic five-day get-a-way with just Lance and myself.  We hope to find a lucky friend/relative who wants to have Elisabeth stay with them for this time.  (Any volunteers?  She is a pretty easy child to care for.) We haven't decided on a destination as of yet.  My vote is a cruise in the Caribbean.
  • A visit to MN to see the Amundson clan sometime this summer.
  • Smock a matching dress for Elisabeth and her cousin for her cousin's baptism.
  • Attending the blessing of a new nephew and the baptism of our niece in July.
  • Planning AND attending the Smemoe/Richardson family reunion in August.
August is about as far as we get for plans.  I would love to be pregnant again this year but seeing as this is completely out of my control, I will just have to add this to my "wish list" and not my "to do" list.  Fingers crossed, hearts prayerful, and dreams hopeful.

Any fun, exciting plan you have for this new year?

7 comments:

Emily said...

I love seeing your list!! What an exciting year you will have! I don't know what is on my list for this year...the biggest thing I think is figuring out what our family is going to do long term:)

Emily said...

BTW, nothing bad is happened...we're just in the middle of making decisions:) I just don't want to worry you.:)

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

I'm with you on the getting pregnant in 2010 thing. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for the both of us :)

SweetWICK said...

Intersting concept...say NO to resolutions...Nice! Great looking blog..congrats!

Tia said...

We'd take Elisabeth! But I imagine sending her to MN by herself isn't an option :(. We love you and miss you!!! (And I'm wearing my necklace!)

The Titmi said...

Not that she knows us- but she can stay with us:)

saigonstar said...

thanks you www.saigonstar.tk