Friday, February 05, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

Elisabeth has been chatting up a storm and has said some pretty amusing things as of late.  In fact, sometimes she says things that shock us as we had no idea that she grasped the concept.  Here is just a sampling.

***********************
Sofi came out of the vet's office with a pink bandana around her neck.  When Elisabeth saw this she exclaimed "Mama!  Sofi's pretty! Sofi rincess (princess)."  She asks daily to watch "Arella." (Cinderella)

**************************
We were on our way to pick Lance up from work so we could go to dinner as a family.  I tend to narrate everything we do so Elisabeth can pick up more language skills.

Me:  We are going to Papa's work to pick him up.
EB:  Ohhhh.  Papa's home.  Go Papa's home.
Me:  (chuckling) So you think Papa lives at work?  Work is his home?
EB:  Yeah.

***************************
We lent my car to our friends for a few days and thus our garage was empty.  Elisabeth went into the garage with Papa and was visibly upset.  "Where bye-bye go?" she asked worriedly.

***************************
Elisabeth and I were playing with her Little People farm set.  I was holding up the animals and asking her to identify them.  She can say the name of every animal except a cow (cow=moo in Elisabethese).  I then held up the farmer, and asked her what his name was.
EB:  A boy.
Me:  (shocked she knew what a boy was.  I held up a girl farmer)  What is this?
EB:  A dearl.

****************************
I came home from a Primary activity on Saturday.  Elisabeth was spending quality time with her Papa at home.  When I walked in the door, I heard her asking earnestly for a "treat."  I walked into the kitchen to find her trying to reach the M&Ms on the counter.
Me:  Oh you silly girl.  No treats right now.
EB:  Mama.  Just go.  Just go. (as she tries to push me out of the kitchen)


****************************


Elisabeth working on my thesis and telling me to "Just Go, Mama" after I told her that was my computer and not for little girls to play with.

2 comments:

Loren said...

Oh, thank you for the update, it was delightful and we were wanting to hear from you :)

HunsakerMama said...

geez you guys are cute together. I can tell you and Elisabeth are good friends! :)