Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fluffy

Elisabeth this a.m. after searching for something in each of our bathroom drawers: 
"Mama, I "ahnt" fluffy my teef."
Me:  "Huh?  You want to fluffy your teeth?
Elisabeth:  "Uh-huh."
Me inside my head:  "Fluffy?  She wants to fluffy her teeth?" And then it occurred to me.  Fluffy = Floss.
Me to her:  "You want to floss your teeth?"
Elisabeth:  "YES!"

I am so relieved she likes to floss her teeth already.  Maybe it will make our first dentist visit in a few months much more pleasant.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Wow, that's impressive. How did you get her to like it? Nick's been to the dentists a few times now for teeth cleaning. But I haven't tried flossing him regularly, probably should start sooner than later. My dentist always tells me the best gift a parent can give to the children is good habits. It's hard to be a good parent when most of the time I'm too tired to floss myself.

Amber said...

I'm laughing at your posts and especially the one where she tells you to go, obviously you need to win her over Lance, hello, candy is always the answer. missed you today.