Thursday, April 01, 2010

Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr. President:

Can you please make sure that you raise federal taxes for all of your new programs you are funding?  And make sure you use our tax money to bail out those affected by the mortgage crisis. Because between what we pay the federal government and what we pay our state, we currently only have to pay about 30% of our annual income to the powers that be.  And really - I don't think that is enough.  I mean, what do we need 30% of our income for?  Maybe so we can someday purchase a house?  But in the time being, please, use our money to pay for someone else's.

Sincerely,
Kristi

2 comments:

Emily said...

AMEN sister!

Kirbell said...

Yes, I read your awesome letter! I was thinking about why I felt so mad about having to donate money to the school AGAIN and I am so frustrated with the dumb, greedy, people who have to ruin the economy for the rest of us honest savers. I totally agree with you. I think we're in exactly the same boat right now -where are those darn oars?