Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lance's Birthday

So I am only a week late in reporting how Lance's 27th went. He really didn't want to do much this year nor did he ask for anything. Sure makes it hard to plan a huge bash for the birthday boy! I did want to make his day special (as he always does for me) so I did the following:

  • I almost got up in time to make him breakfast. But, alas, getting up early will NEVER, EVER be my strong point. So instead, I bought him a pastry at the grocery store the day before and made sure we had orange juice.

The Wonderland Bakery put together a huge castle box full of cookies, cupcakes and bookmarks and delivered it to his work. Luckily, I dropped the camera off at his workplace during my lunch break so we will have pictures to post of this. He sent me an email to say:

I received a huge, house looking box today. I am sure you had something to do with this. Thank you, honey. Now, if I could just figure out how to open it.
  • For dinner we went to the Melting Pot again. We had a coupon that we couldn't let go to waste :-) I made sure to have balloons, a card and roses waiting there for him.
  • I purchased a gourmet german chocolate cake from a fancy local bakery. (Let's face it - working full time, taking care of a hubby and puppy AND volunteering takes up most of my free time and leaves little time for baking. ) I only had one small piece but thought the toasted coconut on the sides of the cake added a special touch. Lance agreed and proceeded to eat the cake over the next few days.
  • I decided to buy him an iPod Nano. He loves music and loves Apple products. (We are definately a MAC family...now if we could just purchase a MAC computer one of these days :-) ) He has been using this gift constantly ever since. More than once I have heard him belting John Elton's "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues" on his walks with Sofi.

The only disappointment of the whole day was that he forgot the camera at work so I don't have any pictures of the festivities. Once the camera resurfaces at home, I will post pictures of the tasty surprise.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Lance-

Mmmmm, sounds like a very tasty birthday. Be sure to bring the camera home soon so we can see pictures.

Thanks for sharing Kristi! Give Sofi a big hug and a lick from the Salt Lake Smemoes.

Loren