Sunday, April 15, 2007

Red Cross Graduates

Yesterday, Lance and I completed the Red Cross Adult/Child/Infant CPR and First Aid Certification. We even bought a CPR mask, in case we will need it in an emergency.

I am even toying with the idea of becoming a member of the CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) and completing the training program they offer.

I did decide we need to make sure we have a good 72 hour kit and need to store more water. You can never be too prepared in S. California!

2 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

They must have some sort of subliminal messaging going on during these Red Cross training sessions. I had similar thoughts after completely my first aid/CPR courses last fall. I wanted to take all of their classes and be the most prepared person ever (for disasters/accidents). Well...We still haven't made that 72 hour kit and I only have a few pieces in my car's first aid kit...But don't be like me! I think it would be excellent to be a CERT. Go for it!

Lance and Kristi said...

I am sure they do have those messages. Maybe this summer I will consider taking the course. Too bad you don't live here. We could take it together. :-)