Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Like a Good Neighbor


One of the best things about our current home is that we have wonderful neighbors. Of all of the places we have lived in our short time together, we would have to say our OC neighbors have been the most friendly and helpful. (Go figure? I am guessing this is because we don't have family around so we have lots of time to go visit and chat with our neighbors.)

From Margaret, my sudo-mother/scrapbooking partner, to the Manlers, our adopted family complete with two boys and a beagle of their own, we are going to miss seeing them walking their dogs, riding their bikes or watering their flowers.

Sofi even knows where each family lives. Sometimes, she will go over to Parker's house (Parker is a dog her age that is Sofi's best friend), scratch on the door, and Joe or Maia will let her in to play with Parker for a bit.

I don't think you could find a better group of people. We will miss living next door to our new best friends.

(Above is a picture of one of the neighborhood boys that Sofi adores. Every time they go skateboarding by, she whines incessantly until we let her out to say hi. Sofi is going to be sad when we move to another house as well!)

3 comments:

Joan said...

Little enjoyment when I'm at work - M&M, hot chocolate, Kristi's has a new post. :)

I like your titles - Like a good neighbor. It reminds me of 'Like a good neighbor, State Farm is always there'. But really, you're good at choosing titles for your blog. Mine is always like 'So sleepy' or 'Bored at work' or 'Friday again'. LOL. :)

I'm sad for you too to leave good neighbors but maybe you will find some new good neighbors. Life is a box of chocolate, right? PS. That's such a cute picture with the little boy and Sofi.

Lance and Kristi said...

I think the titles come from scrapbooking so much.

I know that change is good. Let's hope our new neighbors are as kind!

Hope you feel better soon.

Kristi

Lindsay said...

Hehe...I did the same thing as Joan -- I saw your title and immediately the State Farm jingle started singing its way in my head! Funny.

Anyway, it sounds like you have fabulous neighbors. That's very lucky. We don't know much about our neighbors (though we have tried, at least a little, to get to know them) except that the guy on one side is from India and the couple on the other side play loud bass (and one of them is a defunct member of the church who Blake has had to track down a couple of times before he happened to end up next door to us...I think it's for that reason that they keep their distance from us. Sad -- they do seem like nice people.)

I'm sure that, since you guys are so friendly, that you'll be able to wiggle the friendly out of your future neighbors, too.