Monday, June 18, 2007

Rest and Relaxation


We just returned from the Smemoe/Richardson family reunion in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I can't wait to post pictures but, alas, find the daunting task of unloading 300 photos from our camera a little overwhelming tonight as I am still suffering jet lag from our trans Atlantic flight.

We had a great time and already miss all of the nieces and nephews and Uncle Eddy's Frozen Custard. This was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had. I would wholeheartedly support anyone's decision to go on vacation there. In fact, the NC Visitor's Bureau would benefit by having me as one of their spokespersons. Anyone up to the trip next year? We would love to get a beach home and share it with you!! I will post a long, summary of our time at the beach soon.

Oh yeah...did I mention I received my acceptance into Cal State Fullerton and have decided to complete my MS degree in Instructional Design and Educational Technology with them? School starts on August 18th. Here I go...onward and upward, right?

5 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

I *love* the Outer Banks. How fabulous to have your family reunion there. I hope to take Travis there sometime.

Lindsay said...

It's a rare thing (for me, anyway) to be able to go on a truly relaxing vacation. I'm glad you got one! It sounds like you had a great time. :) Can't wait to see pictures (though I totally understand the daunting feelings behind having to deal with hundreds of photos. Digital cameras are a blessing and a curse).

Joan said...

"This was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had." Really? :) I did enjoy our spa day a Lot. I would love to visit CA some day, especially after Richard said no sales tax in CA... (Heh Heh)

Lance and Kristi said...

I think this was the most relaxing vacation that I have had because we sat around a lot and stayed in the same place for a whole week. Lance and I have tended to take shorter vacations and we do a lot of running around. (I am officially SICK of visiting Branson. There are only so many times you can visit Silver Dollar City before you are ready to see some other great geographic locations in the U.S.)

I guess it helped that I didn't have a baby to watch AND we were in the quiet house. :-)

I have said it before and I will say it again...We welcome anyone who wants to come visit. Our home is always open and we are always looking for a good reason to go to Disneyland.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed floating in the ocean with Rob, Matt, and Loren. It was much more relaxing than I expected. The other surprising part was getting back to shore while the current tried to drag you back out to sea!