Friday, June 22, 2007

Settling Down

We found out when we returned from vacation that we have to move as our landlord is selling our property. (Actually, he was a major home investor in our area and has decided to start unloading his property. What does that tell you about the real estate market?)

Anyway, I am quite depressed about this forced life change. I love our neighborhood and our neighbors and our little house. I just settled into our ward and into my calling. I am finally starting to feel like I belong after feeling so lost out here.

My friend, who is a therapist by trade, told me "You know what you need more than anything right now, Kristi? You need stability. You need to settle down and stop moving. I think you would find great peace and happiness after settling down." Amen, sister.

I am SO tired of moving. My sister and brother-in-law have moved 10 times in the 7 years they have been married. I have moved 5 going on 6 in the five years we have been married. I have no desire to beat their record.

As silly as this sounds, I am desperately praying we will be able to find a house in our neighborhood and soon. AND I want to figure out where we are going to live the next five years, move there and stay. No more adventures for me. Just give me the white picket fence, the mortgage, and the kids to play in the backyard (or the patio, if you happen to live in Southern California.)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Moving is NOT fun -- especially when the decision to is not in your control. Good luck finding a new place! Just think -- maybe you'll end up somewhere even better.

Also, thanks for your willingness to be "advice-givers" to our friends. They are interested in having a CA contact, so once we get word on whether or not they'll be heading that way, we'll arrange some getting to know you. :)

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Just a tip - there are 3 condos for sale on my block!

I know EXACTLY how you must be feeling as our place was sold out from under us just a few months back. Luckly we have been blessed to be able to continue renting it from the new owners.

Anyway, I hope everything works out just right for you. We would all be sad to see you leave YW, but you've gotta just go with those forced life changes that get thrown your way, right?

jenerekfamily said...

AMEN - I really feel like I can relate. And I'm praying you guys stay nearby, even if not in the ward. I still want to be able to visit you.