Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reflection on My Pregnancy


I am almost 38 weeks along and am finally feeling the aches and pains I was told were quite common of the third trimester. I am not dying to get this little girl out, though. Just give me a week to finish nesting without school work and then maybe I will change my mind.


I have been reflecting lately on how much I have loved being pregnant. I guess having to go through years of infertility treatments and two losses make carrying a baby to term an absolute miracle to me. I will gladly take the swollen feet and hands, multiple trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night, morning sickness, horrible stretch marks, a scale reading that I thought I would never see in my life (unless I was weighing an elephant or whale and not my pregnant body), and any other worries and discomforts in exchange for a baby to call my own. I always said this when I thought we couldn't have children of our own and having experienced 38 weeks of pregnancy, my feelings haven't changed.


So dare I say it? I love being pregnant. Now let's just see what I say after labor and delivery....
One more thing. I love this picture. Anyone ever see the Friends episode where Phoebe was using her big pregnant belly for a table to rest her cereal bowl on? About three weeks ago, I discovered I too had finally reached this point. Using your belly as a flat surface to rest your plate or bowl on sure saves one from doing extra laundry!


5 comments:

corinne and paul said...

you look great kristi! and you have such a great attitude about the end of your pregnancy - a baby really is the most wonderful thing and worth every ache and pain, and there are lots of those for sure. keep hanging in there!!

Lindsay said...

You know, I also loved being pregnant (though, I have to say that right now, I'm really loving NOT being pregnant). I'm so excited for you guys and your little miracle. Good luck with these last couple weeks!

Emily said...

You are absolutely beautiful, Kristi, both inside and out. I love reading your reflections.

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
Having just returned from my family's annual all-girl weekend, I thought of you and wondered whether cohort 6 had a new (honorary) member yet. Wouldn't you known there is a new entry on your blog. I am so happy for you, and am sure your beautiful baby will bring many blessings to your home!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it through finals and are finally able to relax a bit. Love the tummy shelf!

People ask me about you often, can't wait to be able to share the news of the little one's arrival. :-)

Judi