Monday, December 01, 2008

A Very Merry Half Birthday

Six months. Our baby girl is now six months. We have been floored at how much she has grown and developed in the past few weeks. Here are just a few of her newest tricks that make me feel like we no longer hold an infant in our arms but a baby girl who is growing up way too quickly:
  • Can hold her own bottle.
  • Eats three meals of solids a day - rice cereal and fruit for breakfast, fruit/veggies for lunch and meat/vegetable for dinner.
  • Drinks water from a cup
  • Started officially teething and has her two bottom front-teeth to prove it
  • Can "scoot" like a little worm across the floor

  • Started taking swimming lessons

  • No longer wants to be rocked to sleep. Prefers to be put in her crib with her soothie blankie and fall asleep on her own.

  • Give us kisses on our cheeks (Okay, she actually chews on our cheeks when we ask her to give kisses, but close enough for go, right?)

Grandma Bev says Elisabeth is the happiest baby she has ever taken care of. Beth's big smiles and giggle are pretty contagious. She does have her occassional "mental breakdowns" (as her papa calls them) and fussy times but is usually happy-go-lucky. Life would not be the same without our little ladybug who loves music, singing, reading books and pulling the puppy's ears.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a darling grown up little girl she's becoming! Don't blink -- she'll be off on 2 feet exploring your home before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You two have an adorable little chunker. I love the swimsuit picture. Does she have Daddy's hairdo? :) So cute.

Lance and Kristi said...

I think she does have her Dad's hairdo. I can't seem to get it to comb any other way. She seems to have a cowlick (sp?).

Sara said...

Someone told me that the longer you have to wait for a baby the cuter and better they seem to be. Or maybe you're just that much more excited to actually get them you are that much more appreciative. I think I'm going to go with the first argument. So congrats on your oh so adorable babe.

Sara said...

Kristi,

Matt and I have been married for a little over two years. Email me sometime, I'd love to do more catching up. sariasis@hotmail.com

Lains said...

Ohhhhhhhhh She's so cute and so big! Love the Ladybug costume and seeing her eat. I want to munch on my Munka!