Monday, December 15, 2008

Grounded from eBay

I have a sickness.  I LOVE shoes.  I have more pairs of shoes than I could possibly need but I love to find a pair that is just "me" and add it to my collection.   I haven't boughten shoes for myself since June 2008 in an effort to be more frugal.

However, Elisabeth's shoe closet has been feeding my addiction.  Heaven forbid she wears a pair of shoes that do not match her outfit.  And she has to have two pairs of dress shoes - one black patent leather and one brown.  Nevermind that she can't even walk yet and is still weeks away from all out crawling.  Her toes need to be covered.

My favorite shoes for her feet are Pedipeds.  UNBELIEVABLY expensive shoes for a baby but very high quality craftmanship and fit her chubby little feet perfectly.  My friend gave me a pair in a box of hand-me downs and it has been my mission ever since to procure cheap used pairs for her future use.

Just today I purchased THREE pairs of gently used Pediped shoes in pristine condition for an average of $9.00 a pair from eBay.  Shucks - You can't even find a decent pair of Target baby shoes for that price.  Here is what one of the pairs looks like:

I can't wait for her to sport these in public.  But, in the meantime, I am grounding myself from eBay.  I may be saving close to $20 on a pair of shoes but I am spending money on non-necessary items.  I have to admit Elisabeth does not *need* shoes AND I need to be more of sensible with my purchases and save my money up for more important things.  Like a house.  Oh, how difficult it is to exercise self-constraint when it comes to shopping for a baby girl. Yet , how important for me to start now so my daughter can learn important life lessons about frugality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love pedipeds too, but just can't seem to buy them for Andrew while he is not walking. I guess I, like you, am trying to teach my children and myself to become frugal. It's so hard to decide what is a need and what is a want sometimes when it comes to your kids.