Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mars and Venus

I wrote the following list for Lance on Saturday when I sent him out to do errands.

Target
Return sheets
1 roll of children's wrapping paper and
1 pkg. of tissue paper

Hallmark
Exchange ornament
4 baby's first Christmas picture frame ornament

Lance's shopping trip to Target was successful yet he came home with a HUGE bag from Hallmark. At first I thought he had purchased me a sentimental present. However, I was shocked when he pulled out four identical Baby's First Christmas ornaments from the bag.* Why in the world would I want four units of the same ornament?

Taking the advice from Elder Wirthlin, we laughed until we cried. If husbands could only read our minds.

*For those who suffer from the same misguided interpretation skills as Lance: I intended him to exchange the ornament "for" a baby's first Christmas picture frame ornament.

4 comments:

Scott B. said...

"4 baby's first Christmas picture frame ornaments"
"Why in the world would I want four units of the same ornament?"

Ask and ye shall receive. I see no problem here.

Don't you worry, Lance. I got your back.

SanniD said...

It's great you can remember funny incidents through blogging. I sent Richard out early on black Friday with very specific instructions on what I wanted (brand and everything)and he came home with the wrong thing completely. I had to go back later, stand in line to exchange it and then get the right one. So count your blessings that at least Lance got the right thing, just four of them!

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

That's too funny! I must admit though, I read it the same as Lance! I thought you might want them as gifts to give to family. Haha :)

Joan said...

I read the same as Lance! :)