Friday, July 20, 2007

Kristi and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Morning


I knew from the moment that I woke up to Sofi's whines coming from my side of the bed at 5:30 a.m., it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad morning. I will try to give a condensed list of the reasons why my morning soured quite quickly.


  • Since Lance worked until 4 a.m. last night, I had to take Sofi for a walk. (You all know that mornings and I are not friends to begin with.)
  • Sofi dug up and ate something very rancid on our walk around the neighborhood. See below for why this was very, very bad.
  • I couldn't find my pants in all of our luggage today so I had to wear one of my winter skirts.
  • I couldn't get the hot water to work in the shower and had to wake up the not so chipper Lance to show me how to work the complicated shower knob.
  • As I was showering, a strange man with a mower walked by our curtain-less bathroom bay window and saw me completely naked.
  • Just as I was about to put my towel on, mower man walks by again, most likely seeing me in my full naked splendor once again.
  • Lance decided to let Sofi out to play in the backyard unbeknownst of the dangerous weed whipper the gardener was using.
  • As our doggie treats are buried in the garage under some boxes, I had to use part of my lunch (string cheese) to lure Sofi into the house away from the weed whipper.
  • Just as I was about to leave the house for work (10 minutes late), Sofi threw up all over our freshly cleaned carpet. I am sure whatever she ate on the walk didn't agree with her or the string cheese she inhaled earlier.
  • As I was attempting to call my boss on the way to work, to inform her of my impending tardiness, I realized that my cell phone was dead.
  • I arrived 20 minutes late to work without a lunch.
The thought going though my head as I drove.
This must be what it is like to be a mother of a toddler. Awww...splendid.
Hopefully, like the little boy, Alexander, my day will improve as it goes on.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yeah, that sounds a lot like being the mother of a toddler -- or a newborn who's awake till 4 a.m., who has the ability to poop and pee through 3 outfits in 45 minutes, and who will only stop screaming and stay asleep if he's being held. Sometimes the things that fill your morning simply stink, and the only decent option you're left with is to be glad about the few GOOD things that happened and hope the rest gets better. That's the way I have to do it these days. It's hard sometimes, but thank heavens it's manageable.

I hope your day gets better!

Lance and Kristi said...

Thanks for your insight. I get many glimpses into motherhood having a dog, and I can tell you, these glimpses are not easy!

Hopefully I will be able to graduate from picking up dog poop to changing poopy baby diapers in the near future. Then we can really commiserate! Hang in there!

heymaughan said...

I'm sorry to be entertained at your expense, but your stories are so funny! I'm just glad that day is behind you! (But I expect that mower guy will be around more often :)