Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Let the Nesting Begin!

Yesterday was my last day of work at my full time job. As sad as I am to say goodbye to my great co-workers, I am THRILLED to no longer be working. Working 30 hours a week and going to grad school full time was way too much for this 34 week pregnant woman. Something had to go and luckily, it was my job and not my schooling.

I can't wait to tackle the nursery, print off pictures that have been sitting on our computer for almost a year now, catch up on scrapbooking, thoroughly clean the house and cook meals again. Only six more weeks until this little girl is scheduled to arrive so I am anxious to get on top of things before she comes.

Here's to sleeping in as much as I can until May!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Enjoy this time -- you are very lucky to have it!

Emily said...

How fun! Yes, enjoy it and your ninety degrees (maybe they can take the mean of MN and CA and it would be perfect!) I'm sure you will stay extra busy!

Love ya!

heymaughan said...

The nesting thing is so real. I have been a maniac around my house lately.

You are getting sooooo close. Which means so am I. Which is frightening. Yes, enjoy any sleep you can now--it is the first thing to go! :)

heymaughan said...

I thought I should add that although you will be tired, it will not bother you much. There is nothing that compares to the joy of raising a child, and as tired and overworked as you will feel so many times as a mother, all it takes is one look into that angelic little face to make everything OK and all the chaos worth it! I am soooooo happy for you and Lance.

Lance and Kristi said...

Thanks for the nice comments....I can't believe I have made it this far!

Amy - We should make a bet to see who delivers first...me or you. :-)

corinne and paul said...

I'm so excited for you! Amy is so right - you won't mind the lost sleep once your little one arrives because it is all so worth it. but for sure enjoy sleeping in while you still can :)